PDA

View Full Version : Grand Review of the Armies on the day the game releases

George A. Custer
09-25-2016, 03:45 AM
I think a Grand Review of all the Compaines and Battaliond and etc..... would be cool. Just have like a big massive party and March around a map that takes like 30 mins to walk across. What do you think about it? I mean the EU, NA, and OC compaines can have it separate or together or evenot the Union and Confederates could do it together. What do you think though?

Legion
09-30-2016, 01:46 AM
I think a Grand Review of all the Compaines and Battaliond and etc..... would be cool. Just have like a big massive party and March around a map that takes like 30 mins to walk across. What do you think about it? I mean the EU, NA, and OC compaines can have it separate or together or evenot the Union and Confederates could do it together. What do you think though?

Sounds interesting, the community could march in column showcasing each unit, kinda like they did with the civil war mod for empire total war.

Henronicus
10-01-2016, 12:57 AM
So... a parade?

michaelsmithern
10-01-2016, 01:36 AM
So... a parade?

Kinda, but with us appearing in front of the CG Devs in our nice double columns(can be made to four if you'd like) then we continue and it shows the size of the forces or something...prestige value i guess

Legion
10-01-2016, 04:02 AM
Either way it sounds like a cool idea, I'd be happy to partake in it if it happens.

Alexander Greene
10-01-2016, 12:37 PM
I like that. Can we do it sometime in December though so the devs have some more time to release new updates and those that don't have the game (me in perticular lol) can get it?

MK81
10-02-2016, 03:20 PM
I really like the idea.

It would probably help with a couple of areas as well, such as video and picture captures from a media perspective for those that do and allow the Campfire Games folk see what it is like to get a fair few people using the system all in one go - compared to what has been done previously.

I'd quite like to see a mock line battle if the numbers are higher as well.

michaelsmithern
10-02-2016, 05:01 PM
I'd Love to go, and Alexander Greene has a point, we should wait to beta or sometime around that as we can form up a large portion of the troops and make it look grand and spectacular

-Mitchell-
10-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Sounds like a great idea!

Lackay
10-02-2016, 09:16 PM
hopefully the servers are big enough to fit us all

LTC Philip A. Work
10-03-2016, 02:40 AM
We're in

Theron Branson
10-03-2016, 11:16 AM
Can this happen though? Have the Devs done a stress on the system to see exactly how many players can be in a game at the same time and on the same map? How many players can be in the same Drill map? This is really my biggest question I have for them.

Leifr
10-03-2016, 11:18 AM
Hush now, practicalities cannot obstruct forum wish-listing! ;)

Wildcat
10-03-2016, 12:46 PM
Can this happen though? Have the Devs done a stress on the system to see exactly how many players can be in a game at the same time and on the same map? How many players can be in the same Drill map? This is really my biggest question I have for them.

we can only have about 30 people in the game at the moment before everyone starts to crash 20 is ok but still have alot of crashes.

Theron Branson
10-03-2016, 03:51 PM
we can only have about 30 people in the game at the moment before everyone starts to crash 20 is ok but still have alot of crashes.

And that is what really concerns me about this game. Most games I've seen use the Crytek engine has around 30 players total (15 per side) in a single match. How are we to have line battles, let alone cavalry and artillery units with 15 vs 15? I voiced this concern before and the devs imho should really put a number down, maybe not in stone but close to it.

GeneralSquirts
10-03-2016, 03:55 PM
Sounds cool, but we'll have to wait for perhaps a certain release is set for more open setting to the public, we'd want to showcase a formation of 85+ 63rd New York Infantry. ;)

TrustyJam
10-06-2016, 05:45 PM
And that is what really concerns me about this game. Most games I've seen use the Crytek engine has around 30 players total (15 per side) in a single match. How are we to have line battles, let alone cavalry and artillery units with 15 vs 15? I voiced this concern before and the devs imho should really put a number down, maybe not in stone but close to it.

That would be like me asking you how old do you think you'll get. Sure, you could toss a number based off of family members or perhaps of wishful thinking but you wouldn't be able to give me a useful answer.

We're very cautious with giving these kind of answers since we simply don't know yet. Know that player numbers is a high priority for us and that CRYENGINE games in the past indeed have been able to support "hundreds" of players (old testing servers for Crysis Wars did just that way back in the day).

- Trusty

GeneralSquirts
10-06-2016, 05:51 PM
*self snip*

Being able to guarantee a good number count is going to be huge for a lot in this community, so hopefully we see the numbers that were mentioned during the beginning of the games production.

TrustyJam
10-06-2016, 06:04 PM
*self snip*

Being able to guarantee a good number count is going to be huge for a lot in this community, so hopefully we see the numbers that were mentioned during the beginning of the games production.

We have never given any hard numbers, only said that our target was in the hundreds - it still is. :)

- Trusty

MK81
10-07-2016, 08:35 AM
Does anyone care to propose a date and time for this event? It seems that most support the idea in principle and if the consensus is that it'll be done I'd like to know when to turn up. :-)

TrustyJam, would any of the Dev's like to be involved in this off the cuff forum community event?

TrustyJam
10-07-2016, 09:20 AM
Does anyone care to propose a date and time for this event? It seems that most support the idea in principle and if the consensus is that it'll be done I'd like to know when to turn up. :-)

TrustyJam, would any of the Dev's like to be involved in this off the cuff forum community event?

We always like to be involved! Granted, we haven't been much online as of late in the current alpha build but us not being a whole lot of online usually means cool stuff is happening.. :)

- Trusty

MK81
10-07-2016, 12:28 PM
We always like to be involved! Granted, we haven't been much online as of late in the current alpha build but us not being a whole lot of online usually means cool stuff is happening.. :)

- Trusty

TrustyJam, are you teasing us? :D

Good to know though, would you or your team have a date in mind that would help to get the "Ol bullet flying" as it were for the proposed shindig?

GeneralSquirts
10-07-2016, 01:11 PM
When is Trusty NOT teasing us... :(

JmCraz8
10-07-2016, 06:53 PM
The suspense for new info is killing me lmao

TrustyJam
10-07-2016, 07:50 PM
When is Trusty NOT teasing us... :(

It's all about letting you know work is being done without telling what kind of work. :P

The suspense for new info is killing me lmao

Trust me, the entire team is looking forward to be going back to the more small, quick update schedule, fixing bugs as you guys find them and report them again for a while. :)

- Trusty