PDA

View Full Version : Texture Customization for the Modding Comunity

IRONSIDES
11-18-2016, 04:05 AM
Would it be possible to maybe later on add 'Uniform Customization' to the game? What I mean are things like tarnished buttons and buckles, uniform weathering, dirt ect. Or maybe release skin templates so we can upload 'Community Approved' skins. This would also give us the ability to use our own faces in game. Additionally the volunteers did not have standard uniforms and thus wore period clothing. Maybe let us pick our uniforms and items to carry. I know not much in the way of customization can be done with 'Regular Army or Navy' uniforms. However the volunteers can really benefit from this What say you all?

P.S. Will the 'Iron Brigade' be feautured in this game?

Macliness
11-18-2016, 04:11 AM
Would it be possible to maybe later on add 'Uniform Customization' to the game? What I mean are things like tarnished buttons and buckles, uniform weathering, dirt ect. Or maybe release skin templates so we can upload 'Community Approved' skins. This would also give us the ability to use our own faces in game. Additionally the volunteers did not have standard uniforms and thus wore period clothing. Maybe let us pick our uniforms and items to carry. I know not much in the way of customization can be done with 'Regular Army or Navy' uniforms. However the volunteers can really benefit from this What say you all?

to the best of my knowledge a lot of what you asked for is going to be implemented. about the uniforms i think they will wear out over the course of the battle as will the weapons. i don't know about the community modding (you would wanna ask a Dev) BUT!! the Iron brigade can be formed you if you want to be historically accurate would need to form it with the other regiments involved.

in addition i would be worried about community vote modelings as some people may just screw around and put in random anime shit so i would hope it would be regulated :)

IRONSIDES
11-18-2016, 04:24 AM
If they do it the way we do it in the flight sim Rise of Flight, it will be good. The community votes on the skins and then the Dev's make the final decision on them. As far as modeling 3D objects, I'd be okay with that. I'd limit it to small arms, cannon, trains ect.

Hinkel
11-18-2016, 06:58 AM

It seems you have not checked any videos or screenshots yet ;)
Pretty old video, but you will like it.

The Game is about the Maryland Campaign of 1862. We will try to feature every single unit of that campaign one day. So about 900 different regiments and units.

https://youtu.be/sYRbRhg8PAo

A. P. Hill
11-18-2016, 12:11 PM
Would it be possible to maybe later on add 'Uniform Customization' to the game? ...

Some in depth reading and searching will provide you with the information you seek.

But to aide that search, you are not the first to ask, and many others have been told that at this time player customization will not be possible.