PDA

View Full Version : Two week ban on players using racial slurs

TwistedDNA
05-24-2017, 02:43 PM
I propose to the devs, that if a player is caught using racial slurs in chat, or in voice communication, that the said player has his ip address banned from the servers for a period of time. Was playing yesterday, and some clown thought it was amusing to call the Union side "N" lovers. Not cool. Then was trying to say he was roleplaying. Not a fan of that, and people who support this game and who really enjoy this game, should not have to listen to such garbage. This is the best online game community I have ever been a part of, and like most of you, would not like to have it ruined by fools who cannot conduct themselves accordingly. Some are starting to filter through.

That is all, thanks.

Gamble
05-24-2017, 05:38 PM
Absolutely! This game should in no way being an excuse for anybody to act out their secret or not so secret white supremacy phantasies. +1

David Dire
05-24-2017, 07:28 PM
I'd agree with that. Though a certain amount of "in-character" is alright, that would be taking it too far.

Alexander Greene
05-24-2017, 07:38 PM
I propose to the devs, that if a player is caught using racial slurs in chat, or in voice communication, that the said player has his ip address banned from the servers for a period of time. Was playing yesterday, and some clown thought it was amusing to call the Union side "N" lovers. Not cool. Then was trying to say he was roleplaying. Not a fan of that, and people who support this game and who really enjoy this game, should not have to listen to such garbage. This is the best online game community I have ever been a part of, and like most of you, would not like to have it ruined by fools who cannot conduct themselves accordingly. Some are starting to filter through.

That is all, thanks.

Agreed. Despite there being a Confederate Army, there should be no racial discrimination in this game.

michaelsmithern
05-24-2017, 10:46 PM
Easy solution: Just add an option in the game that changes No No words into something family friendly(for chat). voices in the game, well you're shit outta luck there, you can't control what someone says through a mic, and frankly, if you go as far as to ban someone for using a word that you feel is awful, then what's next? People won't be able to drop F-bombs?

If you don't like people saying the word, then try not to stay around those said people, it's skirmishes after all, you don't need to stick with the group.

David Dire
05-24-2017, 10:48 PM
"N***er" isn't anywhere near as bad as "F*ck"

With one, you show clear dislike for an entire race. Another is just a way to bring attention to something.

TrustyJam
05-24-2017, 11:06 PM
Racial slurs have no place in our game. If we catch you doing it you'll be looking at a major ban, possibly for good.

- Trusty

michaelsmithern
05-25-2017, 12:02 AM
"N***er" isn't anywhere near as bad as "F*ck"

With one, you show clear dislike for an entire race. Another is just a way to bring attention to something.

I understand that, but I just can't see the N-word as a word that has any kind of significance anymore, When you have black people calling other blacks this "racist" word it loses all meaning. personally i'd hope people in the game don't use it( or if they say it, try and relax with using it) because it's got no real place in conversation.

Whip
05-25-2017, 11:10 AM
Easy solution: Just add an option in the game that changes No No words into something family friendly(for chat). voices in the game, well you're shit outta luck there, you can't control what someone says through a mic, and frankly, if you go as far as to ban someone for using a word that you feel is awful, then what's next? People won't be able to drop F-bombs?

If you don't like people saying the word, then try not to stay around those said people, it's skirmishes after all, you don't need to stick with the group.

I agree and Too much oversight like this can easily kill a games playerbase. If people look and see people getting banned for trivial things in the Alpha why would they even back? Or Whose to say soon we wont be able to move out of formation or we get banned.

In chat I wholeheartedly agree that it should be Censored and ppl can get chat bans, But permanent bans? Thats pretty dumb in my opinion for a Supposed Realistic to the era game. Yeah going over the top is understandable , But maybe the devs should do like all other games and make a freaking mute button. Maybe a chat ban for a period of time if they get too uppity , But to remove someone who purchased the game because someone said something they didn't like?

Pretty SJW in my opinion.

Charles Caldwell
05-25-2017, 11:52 AM
Does that include 'Limey' ;)

Leifr
05-25-2017, 12:03 PM
I agree and Too much oversight like this can easily kill a games playerbase. If people look and see people getting banned for trivial things in the Alpha why would they even back? Or Whose to say soon we wont be able to move out of formation or we get banned.

In chat I wholeheartedly agree that it should be Censored and ppl can get chat bans, But permanent bans? Thats pretty dumb in my opinion for a Supposed Realistic to the era game. Yeah going over the top is understandable , But maybe the devs should do like all other games and make a freaking mute button. Maybe a chat ban for a period of time if they get too uppity , But to remove someone who purchased the game because someone said something they didn't like?

Pretty SJW in my opinion.

I'm sorry but what? This is not a trivial matter, nor is it one to be argued for.
War of Rights is being made to detail the battlefield and not the ideals of racial supremacy - historical realism stops at the door of military movements. It is not 1862, you do not have the option of using racial slurs under the pretense of 'realism'. You are subject to the discretion of CFG whilst they maintain and operate the game servers.

Administration functions, including in-game mutes, will arrive in due time I am sure.

Whip
05-25-2017, 01:26 PM
I'm sorry but what? This is not a trivial matter, nor is it one to be argued for.
War of Rights is being made to detail the battlefield and not the ideals of racial supremacy - historical realism stops at the door of military movements. It is not 1862, you do not have the option of using racial slurs under the pretense of 'realism'. You are subject to the discretion of CFG whilst they maintain and operate the game servers.

Administration functions, including in-game mutes, will arrive in due time I am sure.

I'm sorry but It is a trivial matter. Its a word, they're not threatening you, your not in danger because someone said it.

I live in the real world, Where matters like this can be argued. Racism does indeed still exist and especially on the internet it is everywhere. Yes the game is Based on the battlefield, But you don't see people on games like CS and such permanently banned for Using such language. they might receive a chat ban if they type it but that's it. So people who backed this game in the tune of 70 dollars should be permanently banned for using a word that others find offensive? Well i find a lot of words offensive shall we add those words to the Permanent ban list too?

Now don't take this as I'm one who goes around saying this, But I when it happens around me I don't go on a witchhunt looking for bans. I mute the person or keep away from them. If that's how they want to represent themselves fine. But i sure am one that says if we are to be subject to specific terms to continue to play the game without being banned then they should be public and posted. Otherwise these people who get banned will be quickly refunding their paypal payments and they'd be in their right too.

If one person Saying the N-word is that offensive to you then you must not play online games. This all It just seems to be overreaching , Especially since once this game is out of alpha they will not be able to police the entire playerbase in this way .

MadWolf
05-25-2017, 01:40 PM
I'm sorry but It is a trivial matter. Its a word, they're not threatening you, your not in danger because someone said it.

I live in the real world, Where matters like this can be argued. Racism does indeed still exist and especially on the internet it is everywhere. Yes the game is Based on the battlefield, But you don't see people on games like CS and such permanently banned for Using such language. they might receive a chat ban if they type it but that's it. So people who backed this game in the tune of 70 dollars should be permanently banned for using a word that others find offensive? Well i find a lot of words offensive shall we add those words to the Permanent ban list too?

Now don't take this as I'm one who goes around saying this, But I when it happens around me I don't go on a witchhunt looking for bans. I mute the person or keep away from them. If that's how they want to represent themselves fine. But i sure am one that says if we are to be subject to specific terms to continue to play the game without being banned then they should be public and posted. Otherwise these people who get banned will be quickly refunding their paypal payments and they'd be in their right too.

If one person Saying the N-word is that offensive to you then you must not play online games. This all It just seems to be overreaching , Especially since once this game is out of alpha they will not be able to police the entire playerbase in this way .

TrustyJam
05-25-2017, 01:43 PM

Feel free to allow such people on your server when we enable community hosted ones.

We have no intentions of allowing them on ours.

- Trusty

Legion
05-25-2017, 01:43 PM
Do people even know how the word came to be? Words only have meaning and power if you let them, I suggest learning the history of the word and use throughout time.

It is just a word, people shouldn't be offended by it but I understand if they are. I don't think the use of a word should constitute a band though.

TrustyJam
05-25-2017, 01:45 PM
Closing this.

We will do as we see fit. As can you when public hosting becomes a thing.

- Trusty