PDA

View Full Version : Question about Kickstarter

mrtrinkles
10-16-2015, 01:25 PM
Hello everyone!

I've just heard about this game through Facebook (it appeared on my feed) and I decided to check it to discover it was around there for about three years. :o

I have three major questions:

1. This game was been in development for about three years, why only now the crowdfunding?

2. I've never used kickstarter before, so I'm afraid to wasting my money for nothing, if the goal isn't reached, will I received my money back?

3. What if the goal is accomplished but then the dev's decide do abandon the project and focus on another game, will I receive my money too?

I apologize for this questions, I don't pretend to be mean or cheap but understand that not having a job right now it kinda puts me in one side of the balance so I have to get this questions clarified before I go for an investment.

A final question that I just remember, what engine is used? CryEngine 3? If so, I'm glad because I think my laptop can run some games in that engine :p

BestPancakeEver
10-16-2015, 01:30 PM
i also have a question: if you donate +29 euro you get weapons ingame. is this a early unlock or will only those who donate be able to use those weapons?

Leifr
10-16-2015, 01:35 PM
1: I'm sure that the developers have been attempting to juggle the responsibilities in their lives with that of creating a game unfunded and without any real means of monetary support.
2: This can be answered by reading the Kickstarter FAQ but... The money that you pledge does not leave your bank account until after a successful campaign. This means that the campaign has to be fully funded (or beyond), otherwise the money that you pledge will remain in your account. Kickstarter does not draw anything until completion.
3: lol