PDA

View Full Version : New guns if donate

Simon445
10-17-2015, 10:18 AM
Just went through Kickstarter tiers, and I don't really like you get new guns if you donate certain ammount. Then people who donated less or didn't even donate can't access to Hawken rifle or one of the 3 guns I believe. I think every gun should be available for everyone.

Then sharpshooter regiments can't access the Hawken.

BloodBeag
10-17-2015, 10:25 AM
those guns were extremely rare so It would be strange to have even a small minority to have them. The further tier up they are, the less people are meant to have it. The Hawken rifle was one of if not the most most sophisticated rifle in service at that time (I think) so even if 5% of players had it, it would probably be too many. (I don't know this for certain a dev will know more)

Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo. - this sentence is correct grammatically

Simon445
10-17-2015, 10:43 AM
those guns were extremely rare so It would be strange to have even a small minority to have them. The further tier up they are, the less people are meant to have it. The Hawken rifle was one of if not the most most sophisticated rifle in service at that time (I think) so even if 5% of players had it, it would probably be too many. (I don't know this for certain a dev will know more)

Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo. - this sentence is correct grammatically

Thank you for that historical lesson, didn't know that. :P

Legochiel
10-17-2015, 12:53 PM
Still people without a creditcard have no way of getting anything or even giving something.

A. P. Hill
10-17-2015, 04:58 PM
Correct. Hawkins did not come into existence until the 1870s.

Rithal
10-17-2015, 09:35 PM
Also, the only way soldiers got such items usually was by paying for the weapons themselves to a private seller. This somewhat simulates that with those of us who can afford to do so, get the weapons. XD Sorry but tis' the truth.

GeorgeCrecy
10-18-2015, 12:06 AM
Correct. Hawkins did not come into existence until the 1870s.

The Hawken Rifle we are modeling for the game was actually from before the Civil War, dating back to the 1820's. Take a look here for some info about it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawken_rifle
Hope this helps!

Sorta
10-18-2015, 04:07 AM
I just hope the guns aren't crazy OP.

rebeldestroyer
10-18-2015, 04:16 AM
I imagine the brown target rifle might be a bit OP. " hey look jimbo I just hit that general at the spawn" OP

Rithal
10-18-2015, 07:48 AM
I doubt any of the guns will be "op". They will however probably have the same advantages that the actual rifles had if there were any. So...

GeorgeCrecy
10-18-2015, 08:15 AM
Indeed. None of the weapons we have chosen are of an OP nature. We have never been fans of "pay-to-win" markets, and none of the weapons are any more powerful than those available for regular players. It is their uniqueness that brings them to the table, and as something to show off to other players. As Rithal said, however, we are also dealing with how their trajectories performed in real life, so some authentic advantages will probably necessarily make their way in.

Colonel ProDazzer_
10-18-2015, 08:49 AM
Is it true there will be special regiment classes available only for certain regiments, like in N&S ?

Hinkel
10-18-2015, 08:53 AM
Is it true there will be special regiment classes available only for certain regiments, like in N&S ?

Nope, thats not true.

Legochiel
10-18-2015, 11:01 AM
Will you be able to pick up any weapon of the ground?

BloodBeag
10-18-2015, 11:23 AM
Surely the harper's ferry rifle that you get for paying 2nd Lieutenant was pretty popular?

TrustyJam
10-18-2015, 11:53 AM
Surely the harper's ferry rifle that you get for paying 2nd Lieutenant was pretty popular?

It's a CSA produced rifle by parts taken from Harper's ferry. Only around 8000 were made in total (about 4000 type IV ones) so just a few thousand of type III's at most.

- Trusty

A. P. Hill
10-18-2015, 03:41 PM

Hill's Division got their hands on 13,000 fresh 1861 Springfields with the raid on Harper's Ferry. :)

BloodBeag
10-18-2015, 04:57 PM
Thanks for letting me know you whiley Dev you

zimmer1lb
10-18-2015, 05:04 PM
So you guys are throwing around these fancy words.........WTH is an OP???

zimm out

BloodBeag
10-18-2015, 05:06 PM
So you guys are throwing around these fancy words.........WTH is an OP???

zimm out

It means over powered.

Not sure if joke or not because this is the Internet

Jonny Powers
10-22-2015, 06:05 PM
Question: The Allen and Wheelock Percussion Army is still using percussion caps and regular pistol ammo, right? Cause I know other models of it (the Navy model, for instance) used rimfire cartridges. If it did, that would certainly be OP, for reasons that I think would be obvious. And yes, I know, the title should probably give it away, but I've heard otherwise from some other people.

GeorgeCrecy
10-22-2015, 09:39 PM
The Allen & Wheelock Percussion Army is indeed still in the range of percussion caps and black powder, rather than self-contained cartridges. No need to worry! ;)

GreyDog58
10-22-2015, 09:55 PM
I like it, say if the game goes on for a couple of years and the community grows exponentially only a select few maybe around a couple hundred, will have these rifles and nobody else. Make it rare like in the war itself :D

Cube210
04-20-2016, 03:16 PM
I know this post is dead and old but for future reference the Target Rifle depending on caliber weighed from around 30 pounds for the .45 caliber and 45 pounds for the .62 caliber.
I think that alone balances out any advantage it has.

As for the Hawken. Realistically if a mountain man did bring down his prized possession he'd have loading blocks and be pretty fast and deadly with it. He'd still take longer to load though. (not by much though)

Willy The Walrus
04-20-2016, 04:58 PM
I just hope Sharps rifle is in game :/

Hinkel
04-21-2016, 11:17 AM
I just hope Sharps rifle is in game :/

People should watch the kickstarter trailer and listen to the information included :p

"You will see ANY of the guns, which were used"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5snMNkXdoo&feature=youtu.be&t=411

PVT.DallasGrove
04-24-2016, 02:01 AM
It may be a little OP especially since it is easier to reload and fire then the regular Springfield or Mississippi rifles.

TrustyJam
04-26-2016, 05:59 PM
It may be a little OP especially since it is easier to reload and fire then the regular Springfield or Mississippi rifles.

Of course it is. Just as the real thing was - and just as the real thing, it'll be highly limited compared to the common muzzleloaders.

- Trusty

Bravescot
04-26-2016, 06:30 PM
Of course it is. Just as the real thing was - and just as the real thing, it'll be highly limited compared to the common muzzleloaders.

- Trusty

My men......they must be armed or they'll rebel D:

Prisoner
05-04-2016, 09:16 AM
the hawkens rifle was 40 years old by the time the civil war came round. and the advanced gun of the time would be the spencer or any breech loader. also shouldn't everyone have every gun. (i do understand how there should be a limit on these guns but couldn't it just be a cap on the amount of guns in the match)