PDA

View Full Version : Soldier Actions And Activities Out Of Combat

Craos5
11-12-2015, 04:37 PM
I have had a few ideas in what i believe would be amazing to have included in the game and welcome your insights and opinions.

Here are my suggestions: (unless already confirmed)

- The ability to salute other players/officers.

- The ability to stand at attention and at ease.

- During the night time phases of the game when combat may be quiet due to the lack of visibility players can
form around their army encampments with tents, sit around campfires, rest their muskets into the pyramid shape (see below for picture) and socialize with others until called into action.
(Although this may make them a target for enemy artillery due to the camp fires)

http://www.uelac.org/Kingston/images/Muskets.jpg

- In relation to the resting at encampments orders are issued through bugle calls.

This is all i have for now but i will add more in time.

Congratulations Campfire Games on your kickstarter campaign.

At ease boys ''Salutes''

TrustyJam
11-12-2015, 05:09 PM
Hello there!

We'll be supporting emotes such as salutes. In terms of camplife I suggest you take a look at our Kickstarter update when it releases in a few hours. ;)

- Trusty

Craos5
11-12-2015, 05:17 PM
Fantastic!

Thanks for the reply Trusty, can't wait for the update :D

Gandalf
11-12-2015, 05:18 PM
- During the night time phases of the game when combat may be quiet due to the lack of visibility players can
form around their army encampments with tents, sit around campfires, rest their muskets into the pyramid shape (see below for picture) and socialize with others until called into action.

I'd like to see something like this as well.

Devmc99
11-12-2015, 09:57 PM
Is that picture "stack arms" without bayonets on the muskets? What wizardry is that?

A. P. Hill
11-12-2015, 10:22 PM
Is that picture "stack arms" without bayonets on the muskets? What wizardry is that?

It's called using the ram rods.

Did it all the time when I was reenacting.

Devmc99
11-13-2015, 01:59 AM
I've actually never seen that before in reenacting. But cool to know it's possible. Still seems like witchcraft, though.

Wubby
11-13-2015, 02:54 AM
I am in love with all of these ideas! Even having a single Salute would be glorious to truly honor your high command!

A. P. Hill
11-13-2015, 03:48 AM
I think the developers would be remiss if they don't include latrines and latrine positions!

;)

Seriously, we need cooking, gun cleaning, patching uniforms, maybe some form of passing out rations, ammo, uncrating new weapons, pitching tents, splitting wood, etc.

A. P. Hill
11-13-2015, 03:07 PM
Bump for developers attention. ;)

Machoman44441
11-13-2015, 03:23 PM
I think the developers would be remiss if they don't include latrines and latrine positions!

;)

Seriously, we need cooking, gun cleaning, patching uniforms, maybe some form of passing out rations, ammo, uncrating new weapons, pitching tents, splitting wood, etc.

patching uniforms would be a cool but not like too forced and gun cleaning could play a part on the fouling system.

A. P. Hill
11-13-2015, 10:04 PM
The Developers have already said dirty guns are going to cost you in accuracy, loading, and other things. :)

So I'm suspecting a emote to clean the gun is a given. ;)

Henronicus
11-14-2015, 02:15 AM
as the game has a day/night cycle there is certainly the possibility of downtime in a long battle, and if your group is whittled down too thin you might have to return to the camp for fresh men(which could also be part of the spawn system, where you respawn if your company heads to the camp.) Also, canteens should be drinkable and refillable to help speed up the fatigue recovery(a certain hotkey could make the player take a swig as soon as he's able), especially since I have heard that ripping open cartridges with ones teeth dries out the mouth.

A. P. Hill
11-14-2015, 12:54 PM
... Also, canteens should be drinkable and refillable to help speed up the fatigue recovery(a certain hotkey could make the player take a swig as soon as he's able), especially since I have heard that ripping open cartridges with ones teeth dries out the mouth.

Good Idea!

And yeah, I seemed to miss that action in the reloading sequence in any video ... chewing open the round ... can we see a third person view of this? Please?

Wilson
11-14-2015, 04:16 PM
Good Idea!

And yeah, I seemed to miss that action in the reloading sequence in any video ... chewing open the round ... can we see a third person view of this? Please?

Oh so now you want a 3rd Person view.....

A. P. Hill
11-14-2015, 04:45 PM
Oh so now you want a 3rd Person view.....

Okay bad choice of words. LOL.

I meant like we often see from the developers a "free camera" or first person reviewing another during a loading practice!

Well played Sir!